January Fuel Price Survey
- According to AA Ireland’s January Fuel Price Survey, petrol and diesel prices have dropped for four consecutive months.
- Petrol prices have decreased by 4 cents per litre, now standing at €1.68.
- Diesel prices have also dropped by 4 cents per litre, reaching €1.68.
- However, the current prices are still higher than the lows experienced in 2023, which were €1.57 for petrol and €1.47 for diesel.
- Crude oil prices have risen to around $79 per barrel.
- Electric vehicle fuelling costs have slightly decreased.
While it’s good news that petrol and diesel prices have been on a downward trend for the past four months, it seems we still have a way to go before reaching the lows seen a few years ago. On the bright side, electric vehicle owners can enjoy marginally lower fuelling costs. Let’s hope the overall trend of decreasing prices continues and gives small businesses a much-needed break!